Bored of battling dull winter skin? These tried and tested products will revive your much-loved summer glow in an instant...
CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL: The velvety finish of this light cream-gel bronzer leaves your skin with a beautiful sun-bathed look. Wear it on its own, or for a hint of outdoors radiance, over or under your favourite foundation.
Vita Liberata 24ct Wash-Off Tinted Tan Lotion: This wash off body tint dries instantly and is packed with moisturising organic botanical extracts which leave the skin incredibly soft and nourished.
Liz Earle Radiant Glow Bronzer: Add instant, natural sun-kissed luminosity to the face, neck and décolletage with this multi-toned shimmering bronzer. Simply swirl all four shades together to bring a soft, illuminated warmth to skin, or use individually to highlight and contour.
Bobbi Brown All Over Bronzing Gel SPF 15: This unique gel-based formula delivers an instant, healthy, natural-looking glow to the face, with the added benefit of sun protection.
Being a fitness fanatic myself one of my favourite makeup looks to create is that post workout glow. So after your next SoulCycle class or hardcore HIIT session try these skin perfecting products to make sure your new year health kick doesn't go unnoticed...
- MAC Strobe Cream: One of my all time favourite this super-powered skin savour is loaded with vitamins and botanicals to de-stress and de-snooze. The iridescent particles really enhance the effect of light on the skin, giving you that 'I've just stepped out of the gym' glow.
- Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm: Models have been hitting the catwalks with dewy, high-sheen skin for several seasons now, if you've been struggling to replicate this look at home give this product a go. The energising balm instantly brightens the complexion so you'll be exuding health and vitality in no time at all.
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge: This best-selling cream colour gives cheeks a natural looking flush and is available in 11 in sheer shades, from peachy pinks to rosy reds. So if you want to leave the gym with glowing skin, Pot Rouge is the perfect addition to your post work out routine.
Ever since I spotted Val Garland applying a face full of fake freckles to the models at Preen's SS15 show I have been waiting for the opportunity to try out this trend. This story for Odalisque magazine, shot on a working farm, provided the perfect canvas. For two models with very different colourings this freckled make up look really brought them together. Here are the simple steps I followed to create this sun-kissed smattering...
- Using an assortment of brow pencils I dotted them across their faces where they may have naturally caught the sun.
- Then I lightly blotted the fake freckles with my fingertips so that they became part of the skin rather than sitting on top.
- Finally I used a warm blush to set the freckles (MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone) and enhance the outdoors glow.
If you want to have a go at faux freckling head to Topshop and pick up their Freckle Pencil, then scroll through the gallery below for some inspiration from the runways.
Amidst the millions of 'no makeup' makeup looks I've been doing recently I loved having the opportunity to use some ultra vivid colour on this shoot for Marie Claire. As most of you already know Mac is my go to when it comes to highly pigmented eye shadows, from Acid Orange to Magenta Madness, I challenge you to find a shade missing from their range.
On this occasion I went for a Pigment called Rock it Yellow to add a flash of colour underneath the eye. These pigments are so versatile and can be used to create a subtle wash or a burst of brightness. If yellow is not for you (I wouldn't blame you) scroll through the gallery below for some inspiration on how to inject colour into your makeup look...
Only a few minutes to get ready? Try this seasons smouldering smoky eye seen on the runway at Roberto Cavalli. With three super simple steps you'll have time left over to tousle your tresses...
Step 1. Apply Mac Smoulder Eye Kohl to your waterline, an all time favourite of mine this liner is unbeatable in terms of intensity.
Step 2. Using Mac 214 Short Shader Brush smudge Bobbi Brown Thunderstorm Gel Sparkle along your lower lash line - the creamy formula will prevent any glitter fall out so no need to have cotton buds at the ready.
Step 3. This look requires LOTS of mascara. With clumpy lashes back in fashion layer on Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara.
TOP TIP: This is not supposed to be a graphic look so don't waste your time on clean lines. The smudgier, the sexier!
For the November issue of Country & Town House magazine we shot a 10 page jewellery & watches special in the penthouse suite at The Connaught Hotel. With one Boodles necklace alone costing over half million pounds we were joined on set by nine security guards.
My makeup brief... to match the glitz and glamour of the jewels. For this I turned to MAC Cosmetics Black Tied Eyeshadow, a highly pigmented black with a silver sparkle that delivers shimmering smoky eyes. To complete the look I layered on my favourite Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'N' Kohl Eyeliner and lashings of mascara.
To get the look at home here is the full product list...
From L to R: Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation, Mac Cometics Black Tied Eyeshadow, Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'N' Kohl Eyeliner, Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara, Charlotte Tilbury Nude Kate Lipstick.